most of the presidential candidates terrify me.
- 50th (that’s dead last, by the way) for the percentage of people who get prenatal care
- 1st for the number of uninsured children (20% of them)
- 4th in child poverty (32% of them)
- 3rd in teen pregnancy
- 49th in per capita spending on Medicaid
- 47th in monthly benefit payments under the Women, Infants & Children program (WIC), which provides nutrition assistance.
If that’s “pro-life,” I don’t want to know what they think the alternative is.
We start off pretty awesome, no?
For those who love babies and having babies.. this image really had me in tears… so moving
“This picture is from an article called “The Rescuing Hug”. The article details the first week of life of a set of twins. Each were in their respective incubators and one was not expected to live. A hospital nurse fought against the hospital rules and placed the babies in one incubator. When they were placed together, the healthier of the two, threw an arm over her sister in an endearing embrace. The smaller baby’s heart stabilized and temperature rose to normal.”
Love it !!!!
UN figures show that the number of women who perish in childbirth in Afghanistan each year – 24,000 – is 10 times the civilians killed in the war.